Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tang Dynasty

Hey guys, Wu Hou here. I lay on my deathbed. It is the year 705 AD, and as I wait for death’s claws to grip me into the next life, I lay back and think about all that has happened in my kingdom. It all started around the year 618. Gao Zu ruled the budding dynasty at first, but abdicated the throne so his son, Li Shimin could rule. Under his guidance, the Tang people took over Tibet, and tried to take Korea, but couldn’t. Gao Zu also helped his people by lowering taxes and trying to set himself as a role model to his citizens. After he died, Gao Zong came into power in 649. Gao Zong took one of Li Shimin’s beautiful concubines. That lady was me, Wu Hou. I always tried to rule the people through my husband, and when he died in 683, and grabbed power and became the empress. I managed to finally take Korea, which Gao Zu could never do. And now, as I lie on my deathbed, I can see this once great dynasty is headed downhill. I need some rest.

This is a descendent of Wu Hou editing this post. I felt like my Great great something grandma would want this to be finished. Because no one could hold a flame to her leadership skills, the dynasty fell in 907. Good bye.

"Tang dynasty." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 20 Oct. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>


No comments:

Post a Comment