Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Zheng He

Boy, what a lifetime it’s been. I, Zheng He, have done more in my life then 10 normal people. It all began in 1371, when I was born. I was castrated at 10 years old to serve in the emperor’s palace. He befriended prince Zhu di, and was a great warrior. In 1405, he embarked on his first great voyage with a fleet of hundreds of ships and thousands of men to scour the world. A total of 7 expeditions were sent out with the intent of showing the power of the Chinese. On the third expedition, the flotilla defeated the king of Sinhalese. The last expedition was undertaken in 1730. That’s where I am, on the way home. There is a storm on the horizon and I must be off to tend to the ships.

Zheng He died on the way back from his last expedition, and the fleet was destroyed when It got back by the emperor, and no one is sure why.
"voyages of Zheng He." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 20 Oct. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment