Friday, November 12, 2010

Alexander the Great

Hello Alexander, I am honored to be interviewing you today. Let’s get started. Let’s first talk a little bit about your early life.
A: Well, I was born in the year 356 B.C. to King Phillip II of Macedonia. I had a great teacher, Aristotle, to lead me through the teen years. My father was assassinated in 336, leaving me to the throne.

What were your plans when you took the throne?

A:My longtime goal has always been to defeat Persia, mainly for revenge of the Persian wars, but also for the land and plunder, but before I could do this, I viscously put down a rebellion in Thebes.

How did you plan on doing this?

A: I brought an army of 30,000 infantry and 5,000 cavalry across the Dardanelles River and attacked the Ionian cost. I pushed down the cost into Egypt, where I liberated the people there, who believed I was a god. I then overthrew the Persian government, and was crowned ruler.

What happened afterwards?

I encouraged marriage to Persians to fuse our cultures, which was met with much resent. I took ill in Babylon in 323 and dyed June 13.

Thank you for your story.

"Alexander the Great." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 12 Nov. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment