Sunday, November 14, 2010

Magna Carta

Today we bring you King John. Although you probably don’t know it, it is indirectly because of this man we are not all slaves. King John, tell us about the document in question, the Magna Carta.
John: I hate that document so much. I was forced to sign it after I abused my power a little by doing things like greatly increasing taxes. The Barons of the lands forced me to sign that in 1215. Through signing it, I put every ruler to come after me under the thumb of the law. I believe your constitution and Bill of Rights are based off of it. It basically states I can’t kill someone I don’t like for no reason, and I can’t take your money and food. It didn’t work at all the first few years, so I didn’t really follow it. After I died, King Henry the third came up with some revisions making it more applicable.
The Magna Carta is one of the most famous documents in history, and guarantees our rights nowadays. Good luck, John, with your new rules.
Magna Carta 2007 - an updated

"Magna Carta." Reference Center. Web. <http://www.referencecenter.com/ref/reference/MagnaCar/Magna_Carta?invocationType=ar1clk&flv=1>.

No comments:

Post a Comment